So you’ve decided to get a wax… well done you 😉 In this blog I’d like to give you a few tips on how to make your waxing treatment as painless as possible, with long lasting results and to help you achieve that silky smooth skin we’re all seeking.
One of the most important factors to begin is choosing the right therapist. Be sure to choose a waxing therapist that is experienced, well trained and caring, the last thing you want is a Brazilian that leaves you running out the door on fire.
Here at Butters Beauty we will be sure to offer you the best possible service at the best possible prices, using only the best quality waxing products available. However, there are some things you can do yourself at home before and after all waxing treatments, to help achieve the perfect results with minimal discomfort. See our hot tips below:
The Do’s of Waxing
- Moisturise everyday to help keep the skin soft and new hairs to grow through
- To prevent in grown hairs, starting 48 hours after your treatment and continuing 2-3 times a week, exfoliate the areas being waxed
- To achieve the best post possible treatment I would recommend waxing every 4-6 weeks
- Make sure your hair is at least half a cm long at next appointment
- If you’ve recently shaved it’s best to wait at least 10-14 days to make sure hair is long enough for waxing
- If you’re worried about pain then please don’t be, you’re comfort is my main priority and my waxing treatments are as quick, gentle and pain free as possible. However, if you’re overly sensitive Panadol or Nurofen is an option before your appointment which can help reduce surface discomfort
The Dont’s of Waxing
- No exercise 24 hours before a waxing treatment
- Avoid having deodorant, moisturiser or any other products on the skin
- No hot showers immediately before or after treatment
- Avoid sun exposure for 24 hours before and after treatment
- Do not shave between waxing treatments as this will interrupt the hair growth cycle
- Avoid swimming before and after treatment as the pool chemicals and aggravate and infect open hair folicles
Please remember it’s completely normal to experience some redness and heat type rash in the waxed area after a treatment. This reaction should completely disappear within 24-48 hours. If for any reason you experience severe reactions or prolonged redness please contact a health professional. If you have any concerns or questions about your next waxing treatment then please don’t hesitate to ask me.
Make a Booking Today
To book in for your next waxing treatment please contact me on 0410 429 809 or email@example.com. My new professional home based beauty salon in Jamboree Heights is conveniently located just minutes from the Mount Ommaney Centre in the Western Suburbs of Brisbane.